Monday, January 7, 2013

24 hours in Bangkok

Bangkok was necessary only to catch my departing flight back to America.  The journey started on Jan 7 in Pakse to Bangkok via Savannakhet.  Because of the timing, I had to spend exactly 24 hours in Bangkok.  My goals for this short time were twofold: 1. Two hour massage and 2. Good curry for dinner.  Since this was my first time to Thailand and I decided to stay near the airport link, my knowledge and options were limited.  Rather than roam the various neighborhoods of Bangkok, I stuck close to my hotel and was pleasantly surprised with what I found.  Mission accomplished.
Last cup of Bolaven coffee before leaving Laos.
Transport to Bangkok.
Pratu Nam Market wholesale market.  I happened upon a friendly, clean legit massage shop just off the main street where I decided on a 2 hour herbal thai massage.  This was my first time sweating during a massage.  Very painful but so worth it!

The busy city was a bit of a shock to my system after spending 2 weeks in quiet southern Laos. 
Night market activity.
I was planning on finding a nice curry restaurant for dinner but walked right into this street food market which immediately became my preferred option.  Especially after seeing the range of food and cheap prices!
Curry.
Green curry with fish cake over rice.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment