Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Long journey to Ooty

Stop 2: Ooty, India.  On to Ooty where the Freedom Firm administrative and aftercare offices are based.  The trip was supposed to be a 6 hr journey that included 3 hrs flight time (PNQ-BLR-CJB) but turned into a 10 hr journey from PNQ-BLR-MAA-CJB with a 50km flat drive + 46km windy mountain drive.  Here are some memorable shots from the trip.
India is 80% Hindu, followed by 13% Muslim and 2% Christian
On my way to the Pune airport (PNQ)- Made sure I had my scarf this time in the rickshaw.  I feel like the fumes could take years off your life!
Pune-Bangalore-Chennai-Coimbatore then a 3 hour drive to Ooty
BLR: First experience with separate Ladies/Gents lines at security check
MAA: Upon arrival in Chennai, the polls were opening in America.
Baggage security tags.  Stamped at each airport.  That's right, upon arrival at each airport I had to go through security and rescan my bags...At least that helped pass the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment