Sunday, December 2, 2012

My first time diving in SE Asia

One item on my bucket list was to go diving in SE Asia.  While the Philippines is not necessarily on the top of most people's list, there are definitely more than a handful of top dives sites.  I chose Malapascua with the goal of seeing the elusive thresher shark (nearly guaranteed to spot at Monad Shoal but rare elsewhere in the world).  Not only did I get to see at least 3 shark in the early hours of Dec 1, I was treated to 2 perfect island days of sun, white sand, a beach massage and morning strolls listening to the calm of the ocean.

Arrival at Maya on Cebu island at low tide.
A low tide journey on a small boat to reach our banca named Sunshine for a 30 min ride to Malapascua.
Sunrise and low tide.  Peaceful and still.
After Dive #1.  Sea Explorer's motto: Dive with a smile.
Warm waters of the Visayan Sea in the Pacific Ocean.
Sundowners with Eva (thanks for the intro AB).
A perfect sunset. 
Getting ready for our thresher shark dive at sunrise.  Success!


No comments:

Post a Comment